Hollister Police Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Hollister Police Department and what is the telephone number? The Hollister Police Department business office is located at 395 Apollo Way. Business office hours are Mondays, 9:00am to 4:30pm, Tuesdays through Fridays 8:00am to 4:30pm . The business office is closed on weekends and all major holidays. The business office phone number is (831) 636-4330. The address is 395 Apollo Way Hollister, CA 95023.

From Gilroy take Highway 101, southbound, exit highway 25 ramp toward Hollister/Pinnacles National Monument. Turn left onto Highway 25. Continue to follow Highway 25. Turn left onto Highway 156/Veterens Memorial Hwy/Pacheco Pass Hwy. Turn right onto San Felipe Road . Turn left onto Fallon Road . Turn left onto Bert Ct. Turn right onto Apollo Way.

From Los Banos, take Highway 152 west. Turn left onto Highway 156/Pacheco Pass Highway. Turn left onto San Felipe Road . Turn left onto Fallon Road . Turn left onto Bert Ct. Turn right onto Apollo Way.

From the Monterey Bay area take Highway 1, north. Merge onto Highway 156 toward Castroville/U.S. 101/San Jose. Turn right onto San Felipe Road . Turn left onto Fallon Road . Turn left onto Bert ct. Turn right onto Apollo Way.

When should I call 911?
You should dial 911 only for emergency situations. Examples of emergencies would include the threat of imminent violence, crimes in progress, suspicious activity in progress, medical emergencies, traffic accidents with injuries, or other dangerous or life threatening situation requiring immediate attention. For all other situation for which you need an officer to respond, please call (831)-636-4331. For business matters, please call (831) 636-4330.

Note: Please do not call 911 and then hang up. All 911 calls are recorded and the location of the caller is known. Because it is possible the call was terminated by criminal activity, an officer will be dispatched.

Should I still call police about suspicious activity?
Our own intuition guides and keeps us safe at times. If you see something or hear suspicious call the police department to get it checked. Sometimes the smallest thing can help save a life.

If I call police for help, how soon can I expect police to arrive?
It depends on the availability of officers, time of day, calls for service and priority of those calls for service. We try to be as expeditious as possible but at times there will be delays for higher priority calss for service.

How are calls for police service prioritized ? Information to be added in the future

Can I request for an extra patrol to patrol in my neighborhood? Information to be added in the future

Can I file an Incident Report without having to call the Police?
If you are a victim of a crime that occurred in the City of Hollister you may file an Incident Report with the Hollister Police Department. This incident report is for crimes for which there are no suspects or evidence. This Incident Report is to be used for the following crimes only.

Harassing Phone Calls – You are receiving unsolicited telephone calls that are harassing, threatening, or sexual in nature and you do not know the caller. (Do not report calls from solicitors or telemarketers.)

Lost Property – You have lost something of significant value that belongs to you and you wish to report the loss in case the item is found and turned in to the Police Department. An example would be a lost wallet or purse. (Do not report items you believe to be stolen as 'lost property'. See Petty Theft below.)

Petty Theft (under $400.00) – Petty theft is the theft of property whose combined value does not exceed $400.00. (If the property was taken from a locked vehicle, the crime is not a Petty Theft and you cannot use this form. Contact the Police to report a burglary.)

Vandalism (not graffiti ) - Vandalism is defacing, damaging or destroying any real or personal property, including vehicles. (Do not report graffiti as vandalism. Graffiti should be reported to the Graffiti Hotline at (831) 638-4175.

If you are not a victim of one of these crimes and need to speak to a dispatcher, hang up and dial 636-4331. If you are a victim of one of these crimes you may download this report by visiting Incident Reporting Section.

ID Theft (Identity theft) - ID theft reports can reported directly to the FBI using Identity Theft Online Reporting.

You may contact Hollister Police Department if you have a question / concern on a suspected Identity Theft incident. You may also come to the Hollister Police Department between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday or City Hall, located at 375 Fifth Street , during business hours, to pick up an Incident Report. You can also pick up an Incident report at the Fire Departments located at 110 Fifth Street, Downtown and 1000 Union Road.

How do I get a copy of a Police/Accident Report?
If you were involved in a traffic accident or were a victim of a crime, you may be able to obtain a copy of a police report. You may pick up an application for release of information at the Hollister Police Department located at 395 Apollo Way, Monday thru Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.  Once you have completed the application and submitted it to the police department, police records personnel will check the status of the report. If you were a victim of a crime and the crime is still under investigation , or if you are being investigated for a crime, you may be denied a copy of a police report. You may also be denied a copy of a report if this particular type of report falls under the law that prohibits release. If you were arrested contact the San Benito County District Attorney's Office. They are located at 419 Fourth Street in Hollister. Their phone number is (831) 636-4120. The Hollister Police Department does not release arrest reports.

Application for Police / Accident Report (PDF File 231KB)

What do I do if I suspect narcotics or other illegal activity is occurring in my neighborhood?
You can report this activity in one of three ways. First, you can personally contact any member of the department and report the information. Second, you can call the Department at (831) 636-4330 to make your report. Third, if you suspect drug related activities, you can contact the Unified Narcotics Enforcement Taskforce directly at (831) 636-8622.

Where do I inquire about found or seized property?
The HPD Property Officer can be reached by calling (831) 638-4125 between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Property seized as evidence will not be released until an authorization for release has been received from the District Attorney's Office. You do not need to obtain this release as it will be sent directly from the DA's Office. Please bring proper identification with you when you come to pick up your property. Property will not be released to a third party unless written authorization has been received from the legal property owner. Property is released by appointment only.

Application for Gun Release (State of California) (PDF File 328KB)

Is there assistance for victims of crime in Hollister and San Benito County? Information to be added in the future

What kind of services are available for Domestic Violence Victims in Hollister and San Benito County? Information to be added in the future

My neighbors keep a rooster in their backyard. Is this legal? Information to be added in the future

Who do I call to report animal abuse or persistent dog barking? Information to be added in the future

How many pets am I allowed to have at my house? Information to be added in the future

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?
You can reach the Hollister Police Department abandoned vehicle information line by calling (831) 636-4330. You may use this information line to report a vehicle that is unlawfully stored or abandoned on a public roadway. Please call (831) 636-4330, press "6" from the menu, and you will be able to leave a message. Please include the location of the vehicle by street or closest cross street or address, a description of the vehicle, and the vehicle license number. If the vehicle is being stored or has been abandoned in a parking lot such as a shopping center, please contact the owner of the property. After receiving the initial report of a possible abandoned vehicle on a public roadway, a police employee will inspect and mark the vehicle. The vehicle will then be re-inspected after at least 72 hours have elapsed. If the vehicle is determined to be unlawfully stored on a City street, it will be cited and/or towed.

Vehicle Release Information
If your vehicle was towed by the Hollister Police Department you must obtain a vehicle release from the police department before the tow company will release your vehicle to you. Vehicles will be released only to the registered or legal owner. You will be required to show a valid drivers license and current registration. The fee for a vehicle release is $33.00. We accept checks and cash. Vehicle releases are available at the police department, Monday thru Friday, 9:00am to 4:00pm , except holidays when the office is closed. Please note that if your vehicle was towed and impounded for 30 days and you or the person driving your vehicle is an unlicensed, suspended, or revoked driver you cannot get a vehicle release until the 30 days have elapsed. The registered or legal owner will have to pay the towing and the 30 day storage fee to the tow company to get the vehicle back at the end of this period. If you are the registered or legal owner of a vehicle that was stored or impounded and you believe the officer did not have reasonable cause to impound your vehicle you may request a post storage hearing. If you would like to request a post-storage hearing, please call (831) 636-4330 and press "0". Impound hearings are scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays. If your vehicle was impounded after being recovered as a reported stolen vehicle there is no charge for your vehicle to be released.

Parking Citation Information / Request for Hearing Form (PDF File 387KB)

How can I learn more about the Hollister Police Department?
If you are interested in learning more about the Hollister Police Department you should consider visiting the police department and touring our facility. Tours of the facility are offered to groups by appointment. The Hollister Police Department offers a ride-along program by appointment. You download a ride-along form here. All information will have to be verified prior to recieving approval for the program. Please call Lt. Eric Olson at (831) 636-4330 for appointments and information. You can also email him at eolson@police.hollister.ca.us for information.

Ride-Along Form (PDF File 264KB)

Parking Citation Information
The Hollister Police Department does not accept payments for parking citations. Payments for parking citations should be made out to the City of Hollister and mailed to the City of Hollister , Parking Enforcement Center , P.O. Box 11923 , Santa Ana , California 92711 . They will accept checks and money orders only. You can also pay your parking citations online by following this link:


If you would like to dispute the citation you may request an Initial Administrative Review by telephone, please call (831) 636-4330 and press "0". in writing,or in person at the Hollister Police Department at 395 Apollo Way, Hollister, weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Payment or a request for an administrative review is required within 21 days or further penalties will be assessed. If you fail to request a review or pay this citation as directed your vehicle registration will be withheld.

Parking Citation Information / Request for Hearing Form (PDF File 387KB)

Hollister Police Department Patches
Collecting law enforcement memorabilia is a popular hobby. Every year the Hollister Police Department receives many requests for patches, pins and other items from collectors and traders around the world. Unfortunately, the Hollister Police Department is unable to provide uniform patches or other items in response to such requests. For security reasons, uniform patches, badges and other items are issued only to authorized police department members. They are purchased with City funds, and are considered part of the equipment provided to employees. They are not available to the public and are not available for trade or purchase.

Fingerprinting Information
The Hollister Police Department offers livescan fingerprinting services. Walk-in's are accepted Wednesdays and Fridays 8 AM - 4 PM. The business office phone number is 831-636-4330 for any livescan related questions.

Hollister Police Patch

395 Apollo Way
Hollister, CA 95023
(831) 636-4330
(831) 636-4331
(831) 636-4339

facebook-icon-small  twitter_icon_small  nixle 


We are Hiring

JobApplicationButton More information here


CodeRedLogoCodeRED is our new Emergency Notification system for Santa Cruz and San Benito counties. Click on the logo and register your cell phone number and email for instant notifications of Emergencies within San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties.