Beginning August 1, 2022, Code Enforcement Division is now under Hollister Police Department, offices are being moved to the Briggs Building at 365 Fourth Street.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:30pm
Office Location: 365 Fourth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Mailing Address: 375 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: 831.636.4356, Option 2
For Code Enforcement issues, please send us any information on the violation to email@example.com.
The mission of the Code Enforcement Program is to enforce and administer all applicable codes and ordinances of the City of Hollister, in a prompt, fair and impartial manner. The program provides equal service to complaining parties and violators to achieve the ultimate goal of the program - Compliance.
The priority of the Code Enforcement Program is to address conditions which pose a threat to the health, safety and well being of an occupant, property owner or an individual.
The following are services provided by the Code Enforcement Officer
- Receive, observe, evaluate and investigate reports from residents regarding code violations
- Notify property owners of code violations, prescribe and monitor corrective action
- When necessary, prepare and refer cases to the Office of City Attorney or District Attorney for further legal action
- Ensure that conditions which pose a negative impact on a neighborhood are eliminated
Most Common Reported Code Violations
- Substandard Housing such as back yard labor camps and transformed storage sheds
- Illegally converted garages, occupied trailers and other recreational vehicles
- Accumulation of garbage, rubbish, automotive parts and junk
- Accrual of dry or dead vegetation
- Inoperable vehicles
- Inadequate landscaping and weeds
- Inappropriate storage of boats, trailers and recreational vehicles
Information / Press Releases
- Press Release October 9, 2019 - Encampment Cleanup (PDF File 408KB)
- Common Neighbor Complaints - (PDF File 110KB)
- Common Neighbor Complaints - Spanish (PDF File 110KB)
Municipal Code - City of Hollister, CA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Request for an Administrative Hearing
- Request for a Financial Hardship Waiver
Vacant Neglected Home Registration