Beginning August 1, 2022, Code Enforcement Division is now under Hollister Police Department, offices are being moved to the Briggs Building at 365 Fourth Street. Office hours may not be in effect until a later determined date.
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:30pm, Closed Friday
Office Location: 365 Fourth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Mailing Address: 375 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: 831.636.4356, Option 2
For Code Enforcement issues, please send us any information on the violation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Code Enforcement Program is to enforce and administer all applicable codes and ordinances of the City of Hollister, in a prompt, fair and impartial manner. The program provides equal service to complaining parties and violators to achieve the ultimate goal of the program - Compliance.
The priority of the Code Enforcement Program is to address conditions which pose a threat to the health, safety and well being of an occupant, property owner or an individual.
The following are services provided by the Code Enforcement Officer
- Receive, observe, evaluate and investigate reports from residents regarding code violations
- Notify property owners of code violations, prescribe and monitor corrective action
- When necessary, prepare and refer cases to the Office of City Attorney or District Attorney for further legal action
- Ensure that conditions which pose a negative impact on a neighborhood are eliminated
Most Common Reported Code Violations
- Substandard Housing such as back yard labor camps and transformed storage sheds
- Illegally converted garages, occupied trailers and other recreational vehicles
- Accumulation of garbage, rubbish, automotive parts and junk
- Accrual of dry or dead vegetation
- Inoperable vehicles
- Inadequate landscaping and weeds
- Inappropriate storage of boats, trailers and recreational vehicles
Information / Press Releases
- Press Release October 9, 2019 - Encampment Cleanup (PDF File 408KB)
- Common Neighbor Complaints - (PDF File 110KB)
- Common Neighbor Complaints - Spanish (PDF File 110KB)
Municipal Code - City of Hollister, CA
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Request for an Administrative Hearing
- Request for a Financial Hardship Waiver
Vacant Neglected Home Registration
You can report problems or give tips regarding Code Enforcement, parks and recreation, fire, streets, trees, sidewalks, abandoned vehicles and general city related issues.
All of the forms can be sent anonymously to the department, though we encourage an email address or phone number if you would like a response. Users also have the availability to upload photos and GPS information with the app forms (for example a parking issue or graffiti complaint).
As is the case with our other emails, online forms, and social media, this app is not for any type of emergency situation. The Hollister Police attempt to review all messages in a timely fashion but do not always actively monitor all messages and activity at all times.