Location: 1331 South Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Hours (subject to closure for emergency calls)
- Monday through Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays
Animal Adoption Application
WELCOME TO THE HOLLISTER ANIMAL SHELTER AND ADOPTION CENTER. We are glad you have come to adopt a new pet from our shelter.
The following information is requested so an Officer can assist you in the selection of a new pet. The animal's welfare is our foremost consideration. The consultation process is designed to help us determine if the adoption is in the animal's best interest, and to assist you in finding an animal most compatible with your lifestyle.
The animals available for adoption came here from a variety of sources. All animals are examined upon entry, and their health and disposition are monitored while at the animal shelter. There is always a chance that an animal is incubating a disease without showing any clinical signs of illness. It is also possible for an animal to show behavior changes after an adoption.
Our adoption costs vary depending on medical treatment, check with staff for exact prices on dogs and cats.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN ADOPTER TODAY, YOU MUST:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have identification showing your present address
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord
- Be able and willing to spend time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet.
THE HOLLISTER ANIMAL SHELTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADOPTION TO ANYONE.