Monday-Friday 7:30am-Noon and 1:00pm-4:00 p.m.
339 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023
Phone: (831) 636-4355
Fax: (831) 634-4913
The mission of the Building Division is to enforce required building standards to ensure that life, safety, health, property and public welfare are protected.
The Building Division is part of the Community Development Department and has the responsibility to regulate the construction and use of buildings and structures through the application of adopted codes and ordinances. The purpose of codes and ordinances is to provide minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures, and certain equipment specifically regulated in the codes, within the City of Hollister. It is important to note that the codes that we enforce are only a minimum standard.
The goal of the Building Division is to provide service to residents by issuing permits and performing inspections for allowed work as well as investigating complaints of illegal construction or use of structures, at times, in conjunction with the Code Enforcement Division. We also assist homeowners by explaining the requirements and provisions governing the project or projects that are being developed.
Building Division Services include:
- Provide homeowners with minor assistance in the process of design, permit application and construction of projects
- Review plans for compliance with required codes and regulations
- Issue permits for allowed construction
- Provide inspections to verify that proper materials and construction methods are used
- Assist the Code Enforcement Officer with inspection of unsafe or illegal structures
- Investigate complaints of construction without permits
- Investigate the illegal use of structures or property
- Assure removal or modification of non-complying projects
For more information contact Building Department, at (831) 636-4355.
Solid Waste Recycling
Solid Waste Recycling Compliance Instructions
San Benito County Construction and Demolition (C&D) Recycling Guide
San Benito County Approved Haulers
Solid Waste Construction and Demolition Recycling Plan
Solid Waste Post Construction Report
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm Retrofit Verification
Grading Permit Application
Encroachment Permit Application
Landscape Application Package
Post Construction Storm Water Management Requirements
Sign Permit Application
Building Permit Application
Solid Waste Diversion Plan PRE-Construction
Solid Waste Diversion Plan POST-Construction
Construction and Demolition Debris accepting Facility in San Benito County List
ReRoof Permit Application