Dog License Information
The Hollister Animal Shelter urges everyone who owns a dog to purchase a City Dog License. It’s a sure way home if you and your pet become separated.
The City of Hollister Municipal Code Section 6.08.120 requires that No person, hereinafter called “owner” shall own, possess, maintain, harbor or have control of any dog over the age of four months within the City for thirty days unless such dog is licensed as provided in this article. Every owner so having a dog over the age of four months shall apply for a license for such dog.
Dog Licenses CANNOT be paid by using Utility Bill Pay Online. Currently Dog License Payments are NOT available online.
- Please fill out an application with owner and pet information.
- Enclose a current rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enclose a spay/neuter certificate, if applicable.
- Choose one of the six different fees from the chart below. Licenses are good for 1, 2, or 3 years. The rabies certificate must be current for the entire period of license fee you are choosing.
- Make the check or money order out to the City of Hollister and mail to the City of Hollister Animal Control Division, 375 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023.
License Fee Chart
|Years||1 year||2 year||3 year|
|Spayed/Neutered Dogs||$ 9.00||$13.00||$18.00|
|Dogs Not Spayed/Neutered||$18.00||$28.00||$36.00|