The Hollister Animal
Shelter urges everyone who owns a dog to purchase a City Dog
License. It’s a sure way home if you and your pet become
The City of Hollister
Municipal Code Section 6.08.120 requires that No person, hereinafter
called “owner” shall own, possess, maintain, harbor
or have control of any dog over the age of four months within
the City for thirty days unless such dog is licensed as provided
in this article. Every owner so having a dog over the age
of four months shall apply for a license for such dog.
Dog Licenses CANNOT be paid by using Utility Bill Pay Online. Currently Dog License Payments are NOT available online.
- Please fill out an application with owner and pet information.
- Enclose a current rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enclose a spay/neuter certificate, if applicable.
- Choose one of the six different fees from the chart below.
Licenses are good for 1, 2, or 3 years. The rabies certificate
must be current for the entire period of license fee you
- Make the check or money order out to the City of Hollister
and mail to the City of Hollister Animal Control Division,
375 Fifth Street, Hollister, CA 95023.
|License Fee Chart
|| 2 year
|Dogs Not Spayed/Neutered
DOG LICENSE APPLICATION