and 1:00pm-4:00 p.m.
339 Fifth St.
mission of the Building Division is to enforce required
building standards to ensure that life, safety, health, property
and public welfare are protected.
The Building Division
is part of the Community Development Department and has the
responsibility to regulate the construction and use of buildings
and structures through the application of adopted codes and
ordinances. The purpose of codes and ordinances is to provide
minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property
and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design,
construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location
and maintenance of all buildings and structures, and certain
equipment specifically regulated in the codes, within the
City of Hollister. It is important to note that the codes
that we enforce are only a minimum standard.
The goal of the
Building Division is to provide service to residents by issuing
permits and performing inspections for allowed work as well
as investigating complaints of illegal construction or use
of structures, at times, in conjunction with the Code Enforcement
Division. We also assist homeowners by explaining the requirements
and provisions governing the project or projects that are
- Provide homeowners with minor assistance in the process
of design, permit application and construction of projects
- Review plans for compliance with required codes and regulations
- Issue permits for allowed construction
- Provide inspections to verify that proper materials and
construction methods are used
- Assist the Code Enforcement Officer with inspection of
unsafe or illegal structures
- Investigate complaints of construction without permits
- Investigate the illegal use of structures or property
- Assure removal or modification of non-complying projects
For more information
contact Building Department, at (831) 636-4355.